View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I honestly have no desire to spend time with any of them. Sure, meeting them is fun and exciting. But spending prolonged periods of time, during which you know most of them would be looking at the clock or thinking about other pressing matters, is another thing. Unless they take an active interest in you as an individual, they are being put out in a sense, and that's a terrible feeling. And other than my admiration for their music and lives, we would have pretty much nothing to talk about!
I agree with that. Quite frankly, other than wanting to tell them to run Fleetwood Mac my way and stop making so many stupid moves, because I know best, I don't even think about talking to any of them.

I mostly think about the conversations I might have with Larry David or Ricky Gervais, but even then I'd want us to be on an equal level. I wouldn't want to approach them as one of their tv viewers and say, "Oh, I just love your work so much." I'd like to run into them in the ice cream shop and find out we have mutual complaints about the service or something. That's my daydream.

Also, I think if I saw Chaz Bono, I would tell him how much I liked Sonny, because I don't think he gets that a lot and I would say to Nigella Lawson or her children how much pleasure John Diamond gave me as he was dying of cancer and how I'd be laughing so hard every week -- and then crying. I think if I saw an opportunity to make an acknowledgment of someone who I don't think gets a lot of attention anymore, I would do that. But that wouldn't include anyone in Fleetwood Mac.

Michele