View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalBegin View Post
"In My World" is infinitely better - in fact, I consider it to be my favorite Lindsey chorus since the chorus to "In My Own Time" from Seeds We Sow. The song is nothing short of a pop miracle with a sparse arrangement and gorgeous production touches.

I am a huge Lindsey fan but never have trouble disliking and criticizing something when he misses the mark, in my estimation. However, this track is a pure gem and I've had it on repeat non-stop since its release at midnight Friday morning.

"We Belong Together" is a cute, sweet half-idea and an incomplete song.

One thing that IS correct though is the first single SHOULD HAVE been a song that features both vocalists prominently. THAT was a mistake.

However, the first single from TANGO IN THE NIGHT which was the Mac's big return after a 5-year absence featured no vocals from anybody other than Lindsey and it is arguable whether or not most of the drumming is actually Mick on "Big Love" as a lot of it is probably programmed - same goes for the bass.

We survived "Big Love" - we'll survive "In My World" ... plus, in my estimation: It's every bit as great.
Agree with all of this!