View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Hello all---

I've listened to "In My World" more times than I thought I would, and it's growing on me.

But I am disappointed.

It is definitely NOT the song I expected to hear as the lead single. Where is Christine? Is she on this track at all? It doesn't sound like it. If that's the case, how is this track representative of the album at all? Who chose it as the lead single?

I'm offended as a fan of these artists and of the band. We've waited since 1987 to hear Christine and Lindsey together in the studio, and this project is being marketed as a duo album. But "In My World" doesn't sound anything like a duo track. It sounds like a Lindsey solo song with Mick and John playing along.

I mean...is it a bad song? No, certainly not. And I'd have probably liked it a lot more if it had appeared on Lindsey's next solo project.

Expectations are a dangerous thing when you're talking about art. I admit that.

I was hoping for a rocker with some of Christine's great vocals and sweet, bluesy keys. Instead, we get a decent enough Lindsey song...a midtempo, minor-key tune. Not exactly the kind of song people will crank up on the car radio as we approach summer. And why in the world would Lindsey revisit the "Uh" grunts from the studio version of "Big Love?" That gives an otherwise crisp production a slightly dated vibe.

In other words, I was really looking forward to "Think About Me" or "Hold Me" circa 2017, but instead we got "Peacekeeper" circa 1987.

Again, not a bad song at all. My hope now is that it's the worst song on the album. *wink*

matt
My guess is that the core of the album are the songs that Fleetwood Mac minus La Nicks recorded in L.A. 3 years ago for the aborted new Fleetwood Mac album so hopefully we will hear plenty of Chris/Lindsey interaction on those songs .The remainder of the songs appear to be leftovers from other projects and it appears that " In My World " is one of those songs. So what we are getting is a cobbled together but not necessarily cohesive group of songs that they just wanted to get out there..hence the unfortunate album cover.I just plan on trying to enjoy it for what it is and expect nothing more.