View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't buy into all this manufactured drama.
They're all either pushing 70 or past 70 -- I'm sure they all feel no obligation to anything or anyone at this point. And good for them.
Christine did a Fleetwood Mac album w/o Stevie and Lindsey (Time), Stevie and Christine did one w/o Lindsey, Lindsey and Stevie did one w/o Christine.
So I don't see this as a negative.
The music on the Buckingham McVie album by all reports, is really strong and innovative.
I would have hated to have another situation like Tango In The Night were the bulk of the great songs are from Lindsey and Christine, and Stevie phones in 3 lackluster songs.

Her heart wasn't in it for whatever reason, so -- so be it.
It's probably a healthier project when all three singers start and build the album together from the ground up; rather than Stevie walk in to an almost completed album.

She just did two of what I consider to be some of the strongest albums of her entire career.
Maybe she didn't have enough strong songs to offer; or maybe she just didn't want to obligate herself to studio time and sacrifice the fun of a tour.

But really, who cares? When you're their age, I'm not sure you really belabor drama. You do what you want when you want it -- and it's their gig, not ours, so I'm not going to judge.

Just happy that Lindsey is steering the ship again and releasing more new music.