View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Wouter thanks for the set list! But to me it was like they didn't quite follow it, especially at the end. I am looking forward to see your impressions of the concert. I was with two friends who don't know anything whatsoever about PG (or music for that matter), so it would be nice to get another opinion from someone who is actually knowledgeable about PG when you get the time.
Ms Moose
Well, as for following the setlist, they turned Stranger Blues and Off The Hook around, but that's all.

Sorry I missed you at the show, don't know what you look like. I was standing in the middle at the right of the hall, just behind the old fireplace. That gave me the opportunity not to have anybody in front of me and thus interfering with the music getting to the microphone. I wore my GREENY T-shirt.

As for the show, during the show I felt Peter had been much better as a vocalist as well as a guitar player during his Splinter Group period. Now that I've listened to it again, I'm not as critical anymore. However, I still feel that the Splinter Group was much better at supporting Peter as well as taking lead. Mike Dodd's voice is not as powerfull as Nigel Watson's. Also he did not do any lead guitar. When he made a false attempt to the second verse of Off The Hook, he did not just proceed, making the band having to follow him. He actually apologized, which he did quite often, saying it was only their second gig. This is IMO rather amateuristic. I mean, who in a regular audience would ever notice???

The next day I walked around in Amsterdam and suddenly Peter end Mike crossed my path. Although still wearing my GREENY T-shirt I did not have the nerve to speak to him. I was afraid he might ask me what I thought of the show. I'd hate to have to lie, or to have to tell him (and Mike) what I really thought of it at the time.

Anyway.... I have my recording ready. Just wondering how to get it to you all. I don't know how to transform to a torrent file and upload.
Anybdy got any suggestions?