View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We all celebrate this release and I think Lindsey did relish in the great reviews the album got. But it also was a little depressing because this experience stung Lindsey. If you have never seen the Behind The Music: Lindsey Buckingham there was a somber Lindsey after this album was released. Its discussed how Lindsey's hit making machine with Fleetwood Mac never materialized with his solo career and why. It mentions how Lindsey did solo shows for the first time after the release of this album but had to curtail the shows due to poor attendance. Its a very sad ending which is usually not the case with Behind The Music segments. I know he did eventually end of on Tina Turner's shows as the opening act so he did make a little money. I think it was a process of realizing that he was not going to be a solo superstar.

If Lindsey would have become a big solo star, would he have come back to the Mac for the Dance? After the Eagles reunion tour, Irving definitely convinced everyone to suck it up and go out on another tour. The money was just too good to say no.
Looks at the cover of Go Insane. How was ~that~ going to be a mainstream superstar? He's too weird for superstardom(Michael Jackson slipped by this rule).

Don Henley(especially) and Glenn Douchenburger were big stars solo, and they both came back to the Eagles...