View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
Now this is interesting....I (and most of us Stevie “fans/followers”) had thought that Stevie had kicked her cocaine habit by the end of 1986. Heart DID tour during the summer of 1986, so did they accidentally make a mistake with their memory and actually “hang out” with Stevie then, or was it really during their Bad Animals tour in the summer of ‘88?
I'll paste the Nancy Wilson quote below. It was in the chapter discussing the Bad Animals tour. However, an editor had to compile the reminiscences of Ann and Nancy Wilson, so, chronology might be uncertain. At the time I read it I spent some time trying to determine if it could have been any other year than 1988. No other year seemed possible, but I could be mistaken. Would Stevie have been available in '86? Here is the quote:

"For a brief time earlier that year , Stevie Nicks became our best friend . She came to one of our shows , and she and her girlfriend just sort of became part of our entourage , traveling with us . She brought along a stack of fashion magazines , and her drawing books . We were partying hard that month , but Stevie , with her Courvoisier and blow , outdid us.

When the tour got to Arizona , Stevie invited us to a party at her house . Her home was filled with all these pictures of her , like it was a shrine to Stevie Nicks . We spent most of the night digging through her closets trying on clothes with her . It was fun to be girls together , and her closets were full of millions of shawls and colored tights wedged into teeny drawers . We spent hours there.

When it came to drugs , though , we couldn’t keep up with Stevie . She had a system where she could do various substances , and then do other substances to help her sleep . We never knew how to do that , and , at some point , we had to leave to sleep."

Last edited by Kyle; 11-23-2019 at 11:00 PM..