View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what the hell Lindsey is thinking. I can't believe he would agree to it. I would think he'd bail and do something solo rather than this. He can't possibly think they'll make money. There are just too many negatives, all of which have already been discussed. No one will be able to afford the tickets, neither band is going to want to open for the other (with good reason, of course), and the FM fans know it will be just an abbreviated performance of the tour they've already paid good money to see. What about fans in general?? FM have some of the most devoted fans in the world and I'm sure there are fans that are just as devoted to the Eagles...but are there really that many crossover fans that love both FM and the Eagles??? I mean, love them enough to pay what they are going to have to pay for a greatest of the greatest hits set list??

What I want to know is, how exactly did Stevie talk Lindsey into it??? Mick and John would have been easy...they just want to play and have a good time. Lindsey on the other hand is way to concerned with artistry etc. I don't know who came up with this idea, but I imagine Stevie would have been the one all for it...we all know she loves doing something different and the excitement of touring with other people...so I'm just wondering what persuasive techniques she used to get him to agree. That's a conversation I would have loved to have been there to see

As for the "Don and Stevie show part 2," I can do without it. I want her either with FM doing something new or I want her solo...I do not want her with the Eagles. Where the hell is Tom Petty when you need him?? If she wants to do something like this, go out on the road with Tom again but this time it would be their tour, not just her as his guest. Now that is something that could be made to work