Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

my own personal style varies. i am rather influenced by current trends, as far as what the big designers are doing. but my basic sense is very nostalgic. i spend a lot of time in thrift stores. i am always drawn to interesting, unique pieces that use a lot of fabric, creatively. draping is an art, as far as i'm concerned. fabric and texture is equally as important as cut and color to me. i'm obsessed with flowing, ballerina like rayon and silk in bold, solid colors, layered at different lengths. this year i spent some time in new mexico and realized how deeply ingrained stevie nicks is in my psyche. as a little girl i would sit and stare at my mother's copy of "bella donna" for hours. i thought she was the most beautiful woman i had ever seen. i wanted to BE her.

everywhere i went in new mexico i saw stevie nicks. gypsy hemed, big skirt with delicate top numbers, and shawls. i have never been able to pass those up, and in new mexico it was like i'd landed in stevie nicks fashion heaven. my collection grew, beyond my means, but as ever, i couldn't resist. i am endlessly buying suede, pirate cuffed boots in various heights and heels and colors. this fall while in new mexico i found myself buying everything i could find in bright, orangey red shades. tops and dresses and shoes, that i would pair with white ponchos and sweaters. i recently turned on vh1 classic to see a video of a live performance by fleetwood mac of the song "sara" from 1980. stevie nicks was completely draped in a long, flowing, silky rayon shawl that same shade of bright, orangey red. under the shawl was a white, gypsy hemmed dress with white suede boots.

http://ritualpresence.blogspot.com/2...n-fashion.html