View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like The Other Side of the Mirror. I find The Other Side of the Mirror easier to listen to than Rock a Little.

I am wondering which songs did not make The Other Side of the Mirror.

I liked OSOTM better than Rock a Little and the show I caught on the tour in Toronto was quite good- nice to hear the 5 tracks from the new album. I remember reading somewhere that the "Tragedy of One's Own Soul" (there's a mouthful lol), Dial the Number and Don't Treat me Like a Stranger" were originally considered for the album. As with all albums after the exquisite Bella Donna, each had misfires and stellar songs left off. OSOTM did not need ANY cover songs- bad idea. Mirror Mirror in the '92 vibe would've fit perfectly, Thousand Days with some lyric edits, Running Through the Garden to name a few- also would've been a good spot for one or two of the Rhiannon soundtrack songs. Overall contains 3 or 4 of her best tunes but the rest has little staying power. Rooms on Fire belongs in her top 5 songs for sure and was even played back in the day by radio stations that would not have touched a Stevie Nicks song, which is saying a lot!