View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad975 View Post
It's always seemed like a missed opportunity that there aren't more songs where I can clearly distinguish all 3 singers, no matter who's on lead. Backing vocals are backing vocals, so it's not appropriate for every production, but I still wish there were more songs like this.

On songs like "Go Your Own Way," I know Stevie and Christine are probably in there but it's hard to tell. Concerning the studio version of "The Chain," I didn't even know Christine was vocally present till I read it recently. I'd like to think Stevie is on "Think About Me," but I really don't know what to think. Some of you probably have better ears than I do.

Christine has a smooth tone that tends to blend in, so even if can tell she's in the mix (e.g. "Dreams"), I don't necessarily pick up her distinctive sound. And Stevie was criminally underutilized on backing vocals/harmonies.

Lindsey, however, was perhaps overused. By Mirage/Tango, it seemed like almost every song had a lush blurry choir of Lindseys. Not long ago, I played Mirage straight through for my bf who'd never heard anything but the singles. "Lindsey 'I've Got to Be on Every Song' Buckingham" was what he called him afterward.

But anyway, here are my studio faves where I can clearly hear all 3:

Say You Love Me
Honey Hi
Over & Over
The Farmer's Daughter (studio outtake)
Never Forget
Beautiful Child
Never Forget
Love in Store
Little Lies (I'm stretching for songs to include, but I'm stopping at WTTRS and WISYA)
Steal Your Heart Away (wish there were a bit more Christine, but I hear her)
If you are singing good three part harmony you shouldn't be able to distinguish.