View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
BEST case scenario they have 6-8 additional songs at an in progress state that they are setting aside for another duets album OR the unlikely event Stevie comes around. There's definitely more songs in the hopper, wasnt the very first batch of songs they started on before the 2013 tour allegedly around 8 or 9 and then more were added when Chris returned?

Or we will see another Lindsey solo album. I'm almost more inclined to think if the duets album does well, he might enjoy working with Christine again. I do think the chances of a mac album with all five has pretty much passed as sad as it is to say.
yes, i think there were 8 songs in the first batch back in 2012. 3 went onto EP and 5 on BuckVie. so i think this is that whole set, which i'm glad to have finally out, because at the time Lindsey was saying they were soft-poppy and fleetwood macy to try to lure Stevie to join in. i don't like my LB too soft poppy so i'm glad these will now finally be out. then FM (minus Nicks) recorded 5 more songs since Christine joined in 2014. those are 5 songs that are now listed with either Christine as a sole songwriter, or as Christine-Lindsey collaborations.

Lindsey was working on more songs during 2014-15 tour, i believe. that must be the batch that he's planning to release on his next solo project that has been slated for the end of this year.

after that, there's Mac farewell tour. then after that, who knows? if they continue enjoying McBuck collaboration, maybe we see a new incarnation of FM after they retire this existing one with all 5 in 2019?

judging by his creativity and activities in 2000s, i fully expect Lindsey to have a few more solo albums and tours and maybe some additional side projects with other artists for a good number of years after FM retires.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"