View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I've always believed that she borrowed elements of it from the underground but was solely responsible for perfecting it and bringing it to popularity. I don't think it would have caught on wihtout her, but that's just my view of it. I mean, that beat and those lyrics and that delivery; it was sheer perfection.

On another note, have you heard her stuff with the Jazz Passengers? That stuff is awe-inspiring. Truly amazing stuff, among the best music I've ever heard in my life!
oooo, no, just a snippet on TV of her singing with them. But i don't have Curse of Blondie, yet, either. Although i went to a store last april or something cause i thought it had been released but it wasn't. What are those CD's called? Jazz Passengers? Debbie Harry and the?
yes, rapture, and subsequent blondie raps are perfection. And also, they are (the words) so intelligent compared with a lot of rap I hear...she is such a versatile artist, and such a good, strange, lyricist, too...*gush*
It's hard to tell whether rap/hip hop would've caught on or not...i mean, it's so big that i have trouble believing it would not eventually have...but, who knows? Your theory is as good as mine....
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -