View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's my understanding. In fact, there were actually entire shows where Chris did none of her 1979 songs (Oh Daddy was pulled in for Over and Over for a time.) But have you heard the rehearsal audio of the band running through Brown Eyes, Honey Hi, Over and Over, and Think About Me? The band sounds really good on all of them. I think there's an old thread or two about this if you want to pursue it.

Edit: Adding the audio for the above-mentioned tour rehearsal.
I hadn't heard some of that rehearsal audio before. I'm surprised how great Honey Hi sounds. Stevie and Christine's harmonies are excellent. They could definitely have included that song in some sort of mid-set acoustic section as a happy alternative to Storms or something.

It's honestly shocking that Think About Me didn't get played very often (being a minor single and the only Rumours-y song on the album) while the dirge Over and Over did. Not complaining, those harmonies are excellent, but that would've been the LAST song I would have expected them to play out of her set of songs. But then I'd say the same about Oh Daddy and they played that on 3 world tours :laughs:

Brown Eyes should always be in the Mac setlist. It sounded soooooo good on the Mirage and Tango tours. Never Forget might have made a cute encore closer too with the harmonies.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)