View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't really think who wrote the most or least hits matters to promoters as much at this point as you think it does. At this point, given the majority of people who buy the tickets, as long as it mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac (aka Stevie Nicks has to be there) and they play Rumours and their other really famous non-Rumours songs, then they'll be fine.
They went on for years without Christine and the tours sold just fine. I'm sure that (when they lower prices more), the Lindsey-less tour tickets will sell fine as well. But were Christine to leave as well would just generate too much controversy. The Lindsey situation already has gotten plenty of bad press and for that to happen too would just be too much.
I agree with a lot of this--but Stevie can only twirl her way through "Gypsy" so much The reality is, IMO, the bad press they've gotten to date is likely not something they anticipated.....turns out, people ARE paying attention to a bunch of almost 70+ folks getting out on the road....KUDOS FM. Downside is---they mucked this up bad. I doubt they expected the Lindsey backlash to carry on as far and deep as it did (Hey Mick--he's an important part of your band and legacy) but it has. If Christine were to bail, so soon after rejoining, the backlash, bad press and just general malaise would be too much (and Stevie's knees couldn't handle all of the twirling to offset no Lindsey or Christine "don't look to the left or right of the stage...just watch me twirl and shake my tambo).That only goes so far..