Thread: Toronto Show
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Mind if I ask what the secret is to meeting Christine? How'd that come about? Going to the Mount Pleasant show tonight so just curious. That'd be a dream for sure. But I'm just hoping the thunderstorms predicted to start at 9 tonight stay far away! So I think I'll be happy just for that. But sooo sweet that she waved to you! I had an experience like that meeting a non musical hero of mine and she waved during her speech. I was over the moon and still get all bubbly remembering it. Haha.
Well i'm not sure if there's a secret but I'll tell you how I did it! My good friend follows Christine's makeup artist on instagram, and she posted an Instagram story of the view from her hotel room. Living in Toronto all my life, I immediately recognized a strange dome like building and knew that the hotel right behind it as a 5 star hotel and knew that there weren't any I could've mistaken it for next door. So I figured it was a nice day and I got there at about 3, saw 2 black suburbans pull up and basically knew that was for them. And at about 4:30 ish she came out! She came over to the few of us waiting and I ended up directly in front of her and all I could think to say was "i'm coming to the show tonight in front row im so excited" and she said "oh I'll wave at you!" (And that she did!). Lindsey came out a few minutes after Chris but didn't come over to us and sign anything. I love her as much as I love stevie. She is my hero in so many ways and meeting her was everything to me. I couldn't be happier. And she's the sweetest person you could imagine.
PS: a friend of mine who knows the crew said that the MI show is running off schedule tonight due to the promoters giving them less than a day to get from Canada to a small town in MI. Some band members are flying in and some crossed the land border and it looked like a bit of a mess so if it's hard to meet them or get their attention I took that they were a tad bit overwhelmed!