Thread: The Upside
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, I think there's only so much a songwriter/singer can contribute to making a record, especially when you're one of three and not a musician. She has felt like there was really no reason for her to be there. Same could be said for the upcoming lp when she handed over her songs to Lindsey for the band to work on and then join them later to do her vocal parts. What's wrong with that? I wouldn't say she was putting her solo career over that of FM's, just good time management.

I think the only time Stevie fell a little short in her efforts was the songs she contributed to Tango(this is debateable too) mainly because of her condition. Even if she didn't show up like the other band members thought she should have for Mirage she certainly contributed three knock out songs for the record.

Quote:
Posted by David: You'd have to be really cruel or short-sighted to blame Stevie for cutting out instead of keeping couped up with Lindsey & Christine & Mick & listening to the three of them browbeat you or snicker at you all the time.
If that is true I would only think it would be because they were so jealous of her and the phenomenal solo career she was having.....something they would never achieve.

Joe