View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but there is an article related to this release in Issue 23 of The Blues Magazine.

Haven't bought the magazine though I saw it at a local magazine shop today, so I can't say how interesting the interview with Mayall may be (the magazine comes in a sealed cardboard sleeve so I couldn't browse through it). Looks like it's not the latest issue but it may still be available as it was at the shop I visited.
I was back in the magazine shop yesterday afternoon and found a copy of Blues Magazine with an opened sleeve so I was able to browse through it. The article looks like a good one, and includes new quotes from John Mayall, Tom Huissen, and Mayall's current producer Eric Corne of Forty Below Records (the live Mayall CD came out on that label).

The big news from Eric Corne is that Mayall selected enough live tracks from Tom Huissen's tapes for two CDs! According to the article, a second one will be released later this year. Haven't seen any official announcements about that yet, so I suppose the release might end up being later but hopefully we will see a second disc from those live shows before too long!

A side note - there's also a review of the Live in 1967 CD in that issue of the magazine and they gave it 10 out of 10 stars.

Correction - the correct issue of The Blues Magazine with this article is Issue 21, not 23 as I'd noted before...probably came out a few months back. The correct issue is the one with Willie Dixon on the cover.