View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they just started laying instrumentals? aren't they in the [expensive] studio for the second month already?

plus i don't get this kind of argument anyway. wasn't SN saying loud and clear that she wants to have a say and she wants to be in the studio from the start and that for her that not being the case was a large part of what was wrong with their last record? and the other large part being no Christine McVie? so i'm not sure where "what would she do in the studio?" is coming from. either she wants to be involved or she doesn't, if the new album is being made.

for all we know she might be hugely involved and just doing these few one-offs in between.

or she doesn't want to have anything to do with the new album. if that's the case the remaining band members should just put the new album out without her. or if she wants to just sing and not contribute any songs, they can (and maybe already are) do that.

they don't have infinite amount of time.
It's not really expensive when you have hundreds of millions of dollars between you (lol). Yes I agree if Stevie wants to be a part of the next record then she should be in the studio and no doubt there would be at least something she could contribute even at this early stage.

Would be a shame if they put out an album without her though. I've been watching all these recent performances she has done online and her voice sounds fantastic, much better than it did in the latter stages of the Live 2013 Tour. That spoof she did with Jimmy Fallon was awesome, I know it was meant to be funny, but I think she nailed the vocals too.

On the other hand, we had a quartet album from Buckingham Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (and three tours), so a Buckingham Perfect-Fleetwood Mac album would be interesting and nothing to sniff at I'm sure.

Off topic: I've been thinking Christine didn't miss very much in her sixteen years out of the band. Thoughts? She missed what, one album and two greatest hits tours? Yeah sure she missed out a few million dollars dosh but money isn't everything. Do we really think if she had stayed that there would have been three Fleetwood Mac albums with tours behind them?