View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Actualy, La Nicks is mostly correct here.
Actually, she is completely wrong.

Quote:
All of the rags at the time indicated FM broke up after Mirage.
I can't think of a single magazine that reported that Fleetwood Mac had broken up in 1983. But besides that, this isn't Stevie's claim. Her claim in the interview is that Lindsey left the band in 1983. That's completely wrong.

Quote:
I mean TITN was five years later and in that time La Nicks released two solo records and did two or three world tours.
Completely irrelevant to Stevie's claim that Lindsey left the band in 1983. (He did not.)

Quote:
LB was working on his third record and seemingly had no interest in FM until =, for whatever reason, he deceided to morph his solo record (presumably GOS) into TITN.
A small point, but recording on Gift Of Screws didn't start until the mid 1990s. The solo work he had already done in 1986 (which he folded into the band album) was not called Gift Of Screws.

Quote:
But, accroding to most of the press and his own opinion later, he did not go willingly and in fact later backed out because the craziness was starting. So, for him to say he was totally committed to FM until he left in 1987 is not that accurate.
His level of commitment to the band is completely irrelevant to what Stevie claimed, which was that he left the band in 1983. This is completely & verifiably wrong.

Quote:
And people got all over La Nicks for her "enjoy my celebrity" comment - LB equates himself and his band to a sovereign If La Nicks had said this, she hardly would be given a free pass and instead would be called all kinds of names
That isn't what "sovereign" means in the context in which Lindsey used it. He means that the band is independent; it makes its own creative decisions. Whether that's true or not is another issue worth discussing here, but that's all he meant. It's really not an eye-roller. I think you're projecting something onto the quote.

moviekinks.blogspot.com