Thread: Hold Me
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
A search on you tube will reveal the 1981 Rolling Stone photo shoot, which was done prior to the release of Mirage. In that footage, several Mirage songs are played.
You said that several Mirage songs were tracked prior to the Tusk tour. That isn't true.

Quote:
Plus, as Michelle noted, the audio tapes reveal Hold Me was done prior to then.
I look forward to hearing these tapes for confirmation that the "Hold Me" tracks were recorded before the Tusk tour.

Quote:
They label such things as a bridge in the liner notes. What I mean is after the instrumental break in Hold Me - the chorus just repeats until the fade out.
I know which section you're referring to. I call it an instrumental break. If you prefer the slightly more ambiguous "bridge," have at it. (I say ambiguous because of the fact that the term "bridge" can, in popular song parlance, have several different meanings, although the primary one is that of a sung section of the song with a unique -- i.e., nonrepeated -- melodic or chordal backdrop. A prime example of a bridge is the "Sooner or later/I'll keep the promise I made to you/Sooner or later/It will be greater/Than we ever knew" section in "Skies the Limit," in which the tonic-based verse & chorus modulate to the minor submediant.)

Quote:
LB produced the record and we don't see this structure in La Nicks' solo work.
We don't?

Quote:
La Nicks has stated that Sara was cut and verses/stanzas were never heard.
But Stevie never specified whether the Fleetwood Mac track was cut so drastically, or whether all those thousands of other stanzas were simply not recorded to begin with.