View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
She always did say that SHE was the one who 'wanted her freedom,' not him.
oh, sorry, i didn't know that. And it's my favorite song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
They have such a bizarre relationship. And, you can't really say that Lindsey has totally cut the cord of their relationship when a lot of his current songs still seem to be harkening back to Stevie (open, of course, to personal interpretation). Of course, he is also smart enough to know what makes money and...singing about the wife and kids at soccer practice doesn't cut it.

But, I think dreams (not the song) and reality have clashed in their relationship all their lives.

I think that Stevie wouldn't really have cared all that much about the lyric/English lesson conversation if she hadn't absolutely spelled out--in no uncertain terms--that the song was about him just seconds before. And, I'm sure he knew this but she DID come right out and say it, in case there was any doubt. And those words are pretty personal. In the romantic world that Stevie probably lives in, a grammar lesson would not be in order at that particular moment. Doesn't matter what role Lindsey has in the band, on the record, in fixing her songs...that was probably the wrong moment to bring it up.

But, they say and do inappropriate stuff all the time. I must be getting used to it because this didn't even begin to annoy me.

I agree with all of this, but i wonder about his current songs...i mean, for sure, there's Stevie, but he seems to be writing about his past in general lately (Seeds we sow), and Stevie is for sure a part of that picture, but...i just think he has moved on.
I was especially surprised when i heard that "In our own time" is about his wife...when i first listened to that song it screamed Stevie to me.
So now i don't really know anymore.