View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Everyone is replaceable in a band. However when you change the core chemistry and sound of a band its really not the same. Fleetwood Mac went on without Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie before but it really was not the same. A guitarist and vocalist is such a vital member of a band.
Stevie sang Dreams, Rhiannon, Landslide, and Gypsy (all Mac songs) on her last solo tour. While you enjoy them as Mac songs, its not Fleetwood Mac. She could be singing with any cover band. For many this is ok. They just want to see Stevie twirl and sing. They have no interest in who the musicians are. The dynamic of the Mac on stage is pretty hard to beat. Removing one of its singers and sole guitarist impacts everything. Imagine Keith Richards being fired from the Rolling Stones. Is he replaceable? Yes. Does it impact the sound and dynamic of the band. Of course.
Bands replace members all the time. Sometimes additions like Joe Walsh to the Eagles and Stevie and Lindsey really make the band better. But the additions are not added just to "fill in" on a behind schedule tour. They were picked for their playing and creative juices. If the Mac went on to record several albums with the new members then its a different ball game. The Mac is at the end of its road. Its a shame we could not get a final album but now we cant even get a final tour with the Rumours line up. That is so incredibly sad IMHO. Everyone knows these members are just there to finish some contractually obligated tour. This is NOT to discredit them (new members). Its to discredit the band who cant even do one last tour with stupid drama.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-17-2018 at 06:52 AM..