Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
(If you own a copy) Check out the liner notes and the additional players listed. After each CM song, Michael Thompson – guitars on tracks 2, 5, 8, 10 & 12 is listed. And on some of the others tracks 3, 4 & 9, Steve Thoma – keyboards is listed.
Christine and Dave didn't really get along all that well. They go back to Birmingham, England, back when she was hanging around the Spencer Davis Group, for which he was a roadie.

Quote:
Chris wasn't even present when they did the photo shoot
Oh really?

Quote:
Whether there is any truth to that, I have no idea, but I am very curious as to why and the circumstances surrounding why Chris was not present for the other band members' recordings.
I think the liner notes give a false impression (I could be wrong) about what happened. I posted a while back that this is who I think plays on each song:

Talkin’ To My Heart: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, and Christine
Hollywood: Mick, John, Christine, Thompson
Blow By Blow: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, and Thoma
Winds Of Change: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, and Christine
I Do: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, Christine, and Thompson (note Tompson is listed as "additional guitar")
Nothing Without You: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, Christine, and Lindsey
Dreamin’ The Dream: Bekka, Billy, and Christine (maybe Dave?)
Sooner Or Later: Mick, John, Christine, Thompson, Tackett
I Wonder Why: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, Christine, and Thoma
Nights In Estoril: Mick, John, Christine, Thompson
I Got It In For You: Mick, John, Bekka, Billy, Dave, and Christine
All Over Again: Mick, John, Christine, Thompson
These Strange Times: Mick, John, Bekka, Lucy, Jones

So, I think all of the Bekka and Billy stuff is just the actual members of the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Time, as it was released, was pretty much a "compromise" album. WB had rejected the original album that was submitted with the title Another Link In The Chain due to Christine's complete absence from the album.
I still don't buy it. EVERYTHING they said in interviews during the 1994-95 period is that Christine was still in the band, just not touring. I mean EVERY interview. There was even that photo of her playing with them prior to Billy coming back. In fact, Billy even stated that the reason he had only two songs on the record was because he came back so late in the game. Now, maybe she pulled her songs at some point, but the only public statements were that she was still in the band. Actually, I wouldn't be shocked if she recorded her songs in 1993, when they were looking for a guitarist, and Thompson was just some studio guy they used.

Also, THIS

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-10-2013 at 03:17 PM..