View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I was simply pointing out that a "put on for TV" as you mentioned should have been much more functional for them at the Us festival than the HBO show, then I said that probably they were (also) probably very unnerved by the size of the event, hence their missteps, I don't see what's confusing about it.
I am confused by the rest of your post too, I was not saying that they didn't take any drugs for the event nor the link I posted, I just posted the link to an interesting article with interviews to the Us Festivals performers that pertained to the matter, if you're not interested in reading it then you're free to do so.
The US Festival had a huge crowd but outside the crowd no one saw it. HBO was pumped into millions of homes around the world. You had Fleetwood Mac live in concert on your TV channel. This is what hooked me as a fan. The HBO show was so much more important than the US Festival. Bands did the US Festival for the money. The Mac was paid $200k (I believe) which was an outrageous amount of money back then for one show.
The HBO special was also broadcast on VHS tape, laser disc (gosh remember them), and regular TV channels in addition to be played on MTV. I taped the concert several times on different channels over the years. I also rented the concert at the local VHS rental place (before Blockbuster). I don't think you can compare the events for audiences that viewed them. So that is understandable Stevie did not wear a tambourine on her head and they were not partying so hard like they were at the US Festival.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-07-2017 at 05:26 PM..