View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Mick is by far the worst offender in the band given how he's handled himself over the years, especially in the name of "business".

It's just Stevie's actions now that are in the limelight because we know now through direct and indirect sources that this was her doing and, probably by the sounds of it, unjustified. Doing terrible things in the past doesn't justify being vilified years later, especially if you've made amends or tried to. Do I honestly think Lindsey is still the drugged out abusive person he used to be? No, just like I don't think Mick Fleetwood is a coked, sketchy individual who'll screw over anybody for a quick buck anymore.

But to ignore a person's bad behavior because the other person 'did some bad stuff' is senseless and irresponsible and partly the reason they are behaving like this in the first place, because no one calls them out on it. And that goes for anybody in the band, not just Stevie or Mick.
Stop it. The so-called direct sources, if they exist, have not been cited by name. And the only truly direct account we have is from Lindsey's lawsuit, which was crafted to make a legal argument on his behalf and does not include the band's account of the situation. Until we hear directly from the other side, you don't know s***; everything else is speculation-taken-as-fact. Just saying so doesn't make it so.

So you are saying that people's appalling past behavior should just be merely forgotten and swept under the rug? I believe in forgiveness if the perpetrator is truly contrite and has made amends for their indiscretions... But it's a one-time offer only. Ongoing abusive and s****y behavior can evolve and manifest itself in different ways, e.g., emotional vs. physical. And it can be a poison that slowly leaches into the ether and makes everyone in the vicinity chronically ill. Sometimes it takes one seemingly minor incident to trigger an epiphany that the remedy to the chronic illness is to just remove the toxin. This stuff happens every day in marriages, friendships, jobs, etc. One day you just realize that it's time to head in a different direction because the old direction isn't working anymore. IF (and I mean IF) that is what happened to Fleetwood Mac, then we should just accept it and either move on with them or get off at the next stop. The lingering resentment, namecalling, obsession and misogyny are just pathetic. It's not a good look on anybody.