View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'He Works Like A Maniac': Fleetwood Mac's Mick Credits Elton John For Work Ethic

Fleetwood will be kicking off a tour on September 20

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...kyylBhSjuFf.99

The current members of the legendary rock group came together last night in London for a private screening of Stevie Nicks' new documentary, 'In Your Dreams,' which follows the singer during recording sessions for the album of the same name and her life in Los Angeles.

Stevie and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates are preparing for the European leg of their tour on September 20 where they will play a string of dates in the UK including three nights at London's O2 Arena.

EntertainmentWise caught up with original Fleetwood member Mick who discussed whether or not the band have any plans on quitting in the near future. “No, it's like asking The Rolling Stones or Elton John or Eric Clapton or Neil Young,” Mick told us before going on to praise Sir Elton John.

“With a band it tends to be more complicated because someone like Elton would say, 'Instead of doing 300 shows a year, I'll just do 80.' He works like a maniac. God knows he doesn't need the money, he loves what he does.”

Mick continued to explain the difficulties in getting members of the band to come together, adding: “We don't it at that intensity and it's mainly because we can't call the shots altogether at the same time, sometimes as a band. So the likelihood of a band falling apart is obviously much greater than if Elton says, 'I think I'll knock it on the head for a year,' he's not concerned. Or if Peter Gabriel says 'I want to do a tour, I'll do a tour.'

“With a band it's a lot more complicated and I think The Rolling Stones would take the biscuit as surviving and had The Who not lost their members I truly believe that they would be still be doing what they were doing and they are without the other two guys.”

Hinting that the band still have a couple of decades in them left, 66-year-old Mick said: “So as we've matured – got older – it's dawned on us that you do see an end and when you get to 80 years old, you do think well if I'm lucky I might have a few more years.

“So in that respect I think any entity goes that there is an ending to it whereas before you would never even think of that.

He added: “Fortunately this tour we're doing has reignited our whole attitude as a band, I think we're playing and singing really, really well and we're enjoying it. Like The Stones they go, 'Well let's do another one.' This what we do. The quiet eye-opener for Fleetwood Mac is that we should do this more often.”

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...kyylBhSjuFf.99