View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened to a few short bits of my "Stuttgart" show this morning and heard some things that should help determine whether it's a different show than your Frankfurt one.

Mine seems to be a very good quality audience recording, not soundboard (audience chatter is audible but not loud).

Someone (from the band or audience?) clearly shouts out "Stuttgart" between "Oh Well" and "Black Magic Woman". Doesn't necessarily mean that's where the show was played, but....

As I mentioned in my previous post, Green Manalishi cuts off before the end of the song, and it's the last track from my copy of this show. The audio cuts off about 9:44 into the track.

On my discs, there is a track labeled "Black Magic Woman / Band Intro" but the band is not really introduced at that point. A band member (probably Jeff Whittaker?) talks for awhile before the next track starts up. Among the things he says: "You're so wonderful, you almost make me feel like a star. So many smiling faces tonight. I hope you're gonna have a fight...inside...you know, with love...you gotta love with love." Whitaker continues talking, and someone in the audience calls out for "music" a couple of times, then Whittaker says something about if he was a taxi driver and "don't you rain on my parade". All that should be pretty easy to pick out if it's on your show, robm!