View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Homer, 5'10" and 135 or 140 sounds like teenager-skinny. Good for you! If 180 was the most you ever weighed at 5'10", do you realize that you were just on the 'high' end of what the "correct weight" for that height would be? -- according to this 'chart' my doctor is big on.
I'm 6 feet even, and my doctor gets nuts about me dropping below 165, but 156 to 160 is where I like to be. Right now, about 163.
PS- Oh, I'm asking for it, with this. But, Homer, you are a guy, right? 5'10 and 135 pounds sounds 'right' or thin for a woman, but very, very slight for a man. If you are a guy, you must swim in a 29" waist pair of jeans, cuz even at 163, I have room in my 32's and fit into most of the older "31's". I'm sure I'll never wear a 30" again, though.
Edit: On second thought, I think 135 on 5'10" sounds very thin for a woman, also. That is a lean weight for the height.
Haha, I'm shooting for teenager skinny! You're not the first person to say that, either!

I didn't mention, that the 45 lbs in the past year, wasn't "all" of it. Three years ago, I was up to 215. Not obese, but very chubby. I lost 30, and maintained that. Last fall though, I had sort of a life changing epiphany, and decided that I was going to make some personal changes. Permanent changes. So yeah, from three years ago, 80 lbs lighter!

Yes, I'm a guy. Funny thing is, people always thought of me as a fairly big guy. I ~was~ strong. Still am, sort of, but I've lost a lot of muscle, with the weight. And yeah, I'm below 28" jeans now. I tried to buy some at Kohl's, a few weeks ago. And the smallest they had, were 28's, and too big. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I now know that I can wear women's size 0. I've bought a few pairs of jeans at Goodwill, and I'm relegated to either shopping the boy's section(usually too short, as I need 32 long), or the women's jeans. I just look for one's that don't look feminine(fancy stitching on pockets, and the like).
My shirts? Well, I WAS wearing Extra Large's. I'm now in smalls, and even some extra smalls. Guys, I fukcing love this! I've not been THIN, since I was about 8 years old. Never obese, just always 30 lbs over(if not a little more). I'm now the boss of my dinner plate, and my stomach, for the first time in my life. And that, my friends, is an awesome feeling for me.