View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

On edit -- was FM under any kind of record deal in the 80's that bound them to produce a certain number of records?
Yes, I believe they were. I don't think the contract had a duration, but I think it called for another album from them. At least, I think Stevie said that.

The thing is, Tango was not just a cursory appearance by Lindsey, like you could say Chain was. He was intricately involved in every aspect of Tango, production, songwriting, videos, press. To say that he was, indeed, in a band that he was working diligently with throughout the Tango process, is not just lipservice. It can't be said he had "all but left" the band and he just made it "official" in 1987. His integral band involvement did not stop until the album was complete, the publicity for it was done and he actually left. From 1982-1987 he wasn't out of the band any more than anyone else was out of it. The whole band was on hold.

As for your comment that Stevie did not need the band, had a successful solo career and did not have to come back, yeah maybe. But that has nothing to do with whether Lindsey left the band. It sounds like arguments you could make explaining why Stevie left the band from 1982-1987, but I don't think she left it either.

Michele