View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But there were no rumors that they had broken up in 1983. The rumors only arose over time, because there had been a 5 year lapse between records. So yes, by the time 1987 rolled around people were saying, "Wow, you were gone so long, we assumed you had broken up." But there were no rumors of an actual break up, official or unofficial, just prolonged inactivity.

Michele
I remember rumours in 1983 after The Mirage tour, which was only 18 American cities, a tiny amount when compared to the far larger prior four tours. I always thought the tour was shortened because they were not all that happy being together again. But, who knows.

Put it this way, the TITN album was couched in terms of reuniting

You really don't think that LB had all but unofficially walked away from FM after the Mirage tour? To me, it's obvious - though I readily admit he publicly did not officially leave the band until 1987. I think this is why Stevie went ful steam ahead in the solo market. I think she thought that there was no use waiting for FM and IMO LB to get back together and in the studio. And, she realy did not need them anymore as a vehicle to release her songs, though she remaind loyal to them. Would any of us have gone back to a hostile work environment when we did not need to? So, I think she went back out of loyalty. Others may disagree, but that is my opinion.

As an aside, what if La Nicks' comment about 1983 was a slip and indeed was a rare glimpse into what really went on in 1983.

On edit -- was FM under any kind of record deal in the 80's that bound them to produce a certain number of records?

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-17-2008 at 08:32 PM..