View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But that is not what you said initially. Stevie was talking about an exit, not about someone being disenchanted with the band. If all you'd said was that Lindsey was unhappy after Mirage, there would have been nothing to counter, because everyone knows too well that he was. He was unhappy after people were disappointed in Tusk -- which is not to say he left the band after Tusk.
I said "So, for him to say he was totally committed to FM until he left in 1987 is not that accurate." Then, I clarified what I meant by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
. . . I'd posit that if they thought they were broken up, Mick would have replaced Lindsey after Mirage and not waited five years, letting all the tour money they could have reaped in that interim go to waste . . . .
I think they were giving him time - and likely giving themsleves a rest. I also think LB made no official announcement in 1983. I think they all got the hint though. I also think that if Mick and John had canned LB, La Nicks would have walked away and there would go a significant portion of the sales and notoriety. Again, I am not alone in this thought as the band chose to address the rumours that many thought they were broken up. I nfact, I was shocked when I read in Rolling Stone that they were recording again because I thought they would never do so again.

Again, I think that if Go Insane had been a big hit, he would not have rejoined, returned to, reconvened with, recorded with, etc., FM again. I think he has since Rumours resented working with a group that does not do exactly what he thinks they should production wise. Just my opinion though.

save the cheerleader - save the world