View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I am just stating that I think LB had no interest whatsoever with working with FM after Mirage. So, as I said, I think La Nicks was somewhat correct even though LB did not officially leave until after TITN was finished.
But that is not what you said initially. Stevie was talking about an exit, not about someone being disenchanted with the band. If all you'd said was that Lindsey was unhappy after Mirage, there would have been nothing to counter, because everyone knows too well that he was. He was unhappy after people were disappointed in Tusk -- which is not to say he left the band after Tusk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I mean they can't very well say "we are so fukcing sick of each other we want to puke, but we want to market this record so we're going to pretend to be happy" can they
The issue you raised in saying Stevie was correct (and you didn't explain yesterday that you only meant you thought she meant "burnt out" and was correct about Lindsey being "burnt out" even though she never said "burnt out") was not whether they were happy. It was weather they were a broken up band after 1982. Not only does TITN prove that they weren't, but so do the band's comments at the time.

I'd posit that if they thought they were broken up, Mick would have replaced Lindsey after Mirage and not waited five years, letting all the tour money they could have reaped in that interim go to waste. As Stevie told the London Times, they lost "jillions" of dollars because Lindsey didn't want to record and tour. If the band thought that Lindsey had left, I think they would have moved earlier to replace him, rather than waiting for Christine to do an Elvis song that would bring them back together.

Michele