View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha!! You are crazier than Karen!

But seriously, Love Shines, Heart of Stone, Sooner or Later, ALAYF
I know you hear the nuances that Eddy brought. I would have loved a Quintela/McVie album. Maybe something like: Christine McVie The Reds and Blues of Love 1985.

If she kept writing hits like Got A Hold On Me and Toured albums like Stevie. My guess is she would be somewhere between Nicks and Buck in sales and tour grossing. Guesting Stevie would have helped, too.

Too bad she was tired by the mid 80's. It was nearing 20 years of touring and making records by 1985. But her writing had a lot of potential. Friend and You Are would have been stellar in the 80's. As we saw by 1990's tour she was burnt, leaving the Dance her final contributions. I never really liked Temp. One. Always thought it was vanilla compared to ALAYF, and the above.
There are so many "what if" scenarios with these people and this band that it's hard to believe they left so many different opportunities on the table over the years. I never thought of this one, but you're right, Chris was on fire in the 80's and if she kept writing and churning out hits I think she could have had a very successful solo career.

Temporary One is about as milquetoast and "Chris by numbers" of a song that could have been put on The Dance. It's serviceable but plain and boring. It doesn't belong in the same sentence as As Long as You Follow. I truly believe ALAYF belongs in the Top 5 Christine songs of her entire career. It's sublime. Even though the Greatest Hits album continues to sell, I feel like nobody knows the song and that's a shame.