View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It probably was me, and while that may not apply to everyone, just look back at a number of these threads and you'll see "Stevie and Mick, Stevie and Mick" and no mention for Christine or John, except for the occasional "Christine is probably contracted to do this tour." It's important to remember there are, or were, 5 people in this band and a decision like this should reflect on all of them.
Yup. And as far as Christine just going along with things...my memory can be foggy, but back when the rest of the band had their shorts in a knot over Stevie's Rolling Stone cover story Christine PARTICIPATED by being interviewed for the article. Christine does what she wants.

Agree with your prior reasoning on the difference between Lindsey and The Pretenders booking different shows. And not for nothing (and again I may be foggy on the specifics, so I beg forgiveness if I'm wrong), but didn't Stevie hold off on touring in support of 24 Karat Gold because of an FM tour? The album was released in 2014, but she didn't begin the 24 Karat Gold Tour until 2016 due to On With the Show. I'm not one in the "Stevie's fault! Stevie's fault!" camp with the actual verified evidence available... BUT I can also see her being petty enough to figure she had to wait to do her own tour, Lindsey can wait to do his. Pettiest band of all time, these Macs.