View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He had just toured in 1993. He hadn’t been that inactive, especially by their standards.

He could have released it as a solo album in 1999 or 2000 and still wouldn’t have been competing with Stevie. Something, maybe the situation at the label, maybe first time fatherhood, maybe a mix of different factors, kept him from going that route, and it really can’t be blamed on Stevie or the band. He CHOSE not to release it as a solo album.
lol it's just your interpretation that he chose so i'm not really sure why you are choosing to do all caps for it?

it was Rob Cavallo's words, not mine, about being inactive. it was from 1993 through 1997 i guess, which may have been a long time then, even though in snail current FM pace 4 years might not be long. but yeah, you can argue with Cavallo about that.

have you ever seen Lindsey's Behind the Music? that's where those quotes i'm talking about are from. also at the time, that BTM is all about his upcoming solo album. it ends with - "the solo album is coming!" he obviously tried to do it, and we have no idea how much of his choice it was to eventually roll it into FM after all. fatherhood had nothing to do it at that point, they show his 2 kids in that BTM. everyone else had kids and works, i really don't get why people keep bringing that up as some kind of impediment for the members of this band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"