View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
While I do believe that Stevie wanted Lindsey gone well before Musiccares and the death of TP impacted her decision, I am quite sure Azoff and Mick didn't want Lindsey gone until it was clear it was the only way to keep Stevie. Fleetwood Mac is a large theater act without Stevie, not an arena act. Even so, Azoff knew that any change to the Rumours 5 would damage the brand and reduce some of the drawing power. He would be negligent if he advised anything else and if he did he certainly did not serve the best interest of his clients. Remember Lindsey was his client individually and he has a fiduciary and legal responsibility to him. Lindsey and Stevie were both individually represented by Azoff. Mick, John, and Christine were not. Oh the tangle web we weave...

I am 101% sure that the Classic East / West comments had 0.0 to do with his ouster.

I am also now equally sure that these 2018-2019 dates will be the only performances for this version of the band. Sorry, Steve...I know you prefer it to the Rumours 5 line up.
Agreed 101%!