View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Kevin, I can understand your dilemma but I will offer that the BuckVie show I attended was one of my best concert experiences.

I don't enjoy the backing vocals (really need to go) and I don't agree with Lindsey wanting to recreate studio sounds (here or with FM), but I've accepted this is something they do. The reason I've accepted it is that they do still play and sing, it's not all karaoke. And, if a level of enhancement is what it takes to keep them on stage, then I can accept it.

CM does not play all the keys, and she didn't on OWTS tour, but she plays, and sings, and dances, and entertains to a level that is, for me, delightful. Her engagement with the band and audience was unlike I've seen her do before (my most recent comparison being The Dance tour, where she'd clearly switched off). There were wobbles on vocals and ad lib giggles and it was entirely enjoyable. Not to diminish LB: he is an amazing performer and clears wants to deliver perfection.

Do I wish we could have the two or the FM 5 on stage, back-up track free? Yes, and we get some of that. I wish we'd hear some blues & older FM and solo music, I wish we'd have a Lindsey, John, Mick, Chris off-the-cuff jam, but I know none of that will happen. But, yes, I can accept what is presented on this tour because, for me, it was a fantastic experience.