View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I think there is more to the story than what Lindsey is saying. Always two sides to everything, it takes two to break a relationship. I'm not defending anyone here. But lots of details seem to be missing.
I can only think things between Stevie and Lindsey have never been that good. They both know how to push buttons. Lindsey comes across as an overbearing perfectionist that has to be right. Stevie who lives in a bubble is at times oversensitive and reactive.
They seem to feed off of each other at times. I bet Lindsey can be at least emotionally abusive, knows what will stir her up.
So after many years of this, I think Stevie had enough, whatever happened at music cares may have been the tipping point of years and years of tension.
Maybe in her old age, she simply didn't want to deal with all the negative emotions and fighting anymore. I can understand how she may have come to this conclusion.

She herself has said this is true of BOTH of them. She pushes his buttons and vice versa. So the blade could cut both ways on that one.

I bet most members of the band are tired of the ongoing emotional nonsense.

Your assumption is that it was perfectly reasonable for her to demand that the band choose between her or him. Would you feel the same if he was the one who had made the demand, and it resulted in her being booted? Coz she's done just as much. She just masks it better, and has always been far, far, far better at playing the press. Go back and read articles over the years where she was unhappy with something on an album and in order to get her way she would give the band an ultimatum "How's it going to look when I go to Rolling Stone and bad mouth this record?" Even Mick describes her doing this in his first book.

I was always a Stevie fan, and I think she's a turd for doing this. I'd feel the same if he pitched a fit and whined that Stevie talks too long onstage, I don't want to be onstage with her again. Come on.

And the rest of those money grubbers going along with it.

I mean, "Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again." WTF? Not even "Stevie doesn't want to be in the band together anymore".

Whatever happened to all of HER constant comments in interviews about "One of us will be 80 sitting on a bed alone when the other one dies".

What changed? He got married and had kids, that's a big thing. Once they were never, ever going to rekindle anything, she was done.