View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is there another Lindsey snippets thread?

Here's a mention by Dominic Miller, Sting's guitarist.

http://www.dominicmiller.com/asksess.html
thanks for the link David!

text referring to LB:

Q: In your session work (most notably with Sting), I appreciate that fact that the your guitar parts always seem to compliment the lyric or verse. Although sometimes quite subtle, the method in which your voicings weave in and out of the songs remind me quite a lot of Lindsey Buckingham. Does your feel that your classical reference point has contributed to your ability to express or restrain your session guitar work (as you always seem to 'play for the song')? - from Chad

A: Thanks for this. Lindsay Buckingham is one of the most creative song accompanists on guitar. His parts always sound perfect to me. I am flattered you should put me in the same paragraph as him. Yes I do in some way model my approach on his, but there are also many others. Classical playing has been of some help, mainly with technique which I sometimes use on electric and visa versa. But my main instrument is musicianship. I like to be true to the song and complement it as much as it deserves, if not more. Having some classical background and listening to people like Lindsay Buckingham helps make this possible.