View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
EXACTLY. I worry about that too. But it'd be her own fault. She'd be the "b*tch" that didn't come back. As much as I want her to stop with FM and concentrate on her solo career, I think this may be one of the main reasons she won't.
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to. Was Lindsey considered the "b*itch" when he suddenly quit spitefully (some would consider his exit "burning bridges") only to come back to the band 9 years later. Was Christine considered the "B" when she unexpectedly quit in 1998, and unexpectedly came back 16 years later?!?

Things have changed. Bottom line is they're much older now and Stevie apparently does not want to spend her final golden years chained to Fleetwood Mac .

And Mick & Lindsey should blame themselves. They ALL put touring as a priority over a new record by continuing this never ending "On With The Show" tour into 2015. They could have stopped at the end of this year.

And Stevie won't be crucified. Only by a petty few on this fan board! Not only is Stevie beloved by millions, but also I believe, by and large, the general public & music buying demographic is not really going to care that much about a new FM record in 2016 or 2017 (with or without Stevie) they just want the hits, FM's glory days.
After 2015, they will have been coasting on "greatest hits" concerts for three straight years; 2013, 2014, and soon most of 2015. So what's the plan exactly? Do they expect to go in the studio in 2016 and then start up another tour afterwards, after they have saturated the market. I don't see it. Honestly, I can't say I blame Stevie for not knowing whether she will want to continue another 1-2 years with FM after 2015.

I have to say, my interest in a new FM record has considerably waned, and I never thought I'd say that out loud! It speaks volumes that Stevie didn't give Lindsey & the band some of her demos to work on last spring, while she was recording in Nashville. But I'm soooo thankful Stevie released the fab 24KG!!!!!

Last edited by Christopher; 11-13-2014 at 12:51 PM..