View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I completely agree with this. I don't object to them playing "Trouble," since it was a hit, but why play such an obscure song as "Shut Us Down"? It also isn't fair to have three Lindsey songs and only one of Christine's in the acoustic set. She basically just stood at her keyboard looking gorgeous during his three songs. I don't think she even played the organ; if she was playing, I couldn't hear it.

"Shut Us Down" should be replaced by either a Christine solo hit, probably "Got a Hold on Me," or a Christine pre-Rumours era FM song, such as "Spare Me a Little." Or even something from 'In the Meantime' -- is "Friend" or "You Are" any more obscure than "Shut Us Down"?

I personally liked having the acoustic set at the start of the show, but it would have worked equally well to have it in the middle of the show.
Good points all, especially about placing the acoustic set in the middle of the set. Just seems like an odd way to begin the show. However, I suspect there are specific reasons behind the scenes that Chris and Lindsey arranged the set the way they did.

For example, I bet Lindsey starts the show with 3 out of 4 songs because Christine wanted it that way so she could 'warm up' first, so to speak. Even more so when they first started. Also, it makes sense the rest of the band wouldn't want to take a 4 song break in the middle of the set, so that's why Chris and Lindsey do the acoustic part at the beginning. Plus probably other reasons we fans can't even imagine.

I also understand why Chris isn't doing any songs from In the Meantime, but I'm shocked she left out Got a Hold on Me. Playing that instead of Everywhere would have been a more interesting choice and such a treat for the fans.