Thread: It Gets Better
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Thanks for my counseling session Anniewhoodles. Yes, you make sense. Lots of it.

I think the Margaret Cho quote just about sums it all up for me (Well only if gin or vodka are involved, which isn't much these days).

Ya know, after I typed my story I felt better, just getting it out helped. If I had been in this same situation 10 years ago I would probably be out of my mind right now. I am very lucky that I have a strong foundation and know this isn't the end of the world. I feel for younger people or any other folks that can't process this kind of thing like I can or have NO ONE, not even an internet buddy, who they can share with . I can for a second see why people consider suicide...but it gets better! It's gonna take folks like us reaching out and putting a little bit of ourselves out there by sharing experiences and helping increase openmindness in order to make a difference...that's what It Gets Better is about.

Don't worry about me deary, I mostly wanted to share with people the way I was treated and talked about by the "mean" girls. I am strong. I am WOMAN hear me roar!!!!
Oh lawdy, I hope I wasn't coming off like I was patronizing or lecturing you or giving an unwanted therapy session or anything. I confess to being somewhat doped on cold meds at the time, and that leads me to ramble, especially when it comes to issues like these. I will latch onto a few ideas and then I'm off.

But I am so glad you are doing awesome, and I hope that It Gets Better helps at least ONE kid. But hopefully many more than that.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''