View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's another thought about this album that I'm sure some of you have already thought of and perhaps even discussed at some point prior to my joining the forum.

There is a ton of "forshadowing imagery" in this album. Take the following examples: Cover art of an adult and a penguin chick. Bekka's "Winds of Change", Christine's songs "Do It All Over Again" and "Hollywood (Some Other Kind Of Town)", and Mick's "These Strange Times". All of these are forshadowing in one way or another. All talking about change. Mick paying tribute to the history of FM, Christine doing the same as well as saying "I'm done." and Bekka saying "this band has changed, but we are still Fleetwood Mac".

I think it was an attempt to move the band from the "old" Buckingham/Nicks era, into a "new" one, albeit with Dave Mason and Bekka instead of the BTM line-up minus Stevie. I would agree that Billy is poorly represented on the album, the guitar solos are not anywhere near where they could be and the Dave Mason material is weak. It does not sound like a collaborative effort by the band, but a compilation of songs created individually and put together to create an album.

Any other thoughts on this idea?