View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Most people here know I'm not happy with Stevie's decisions these last few years. But I'll give her her due: she's still an electric performer. And the more I hear speeches and interviews with Lindsey the more I'm inclined to understand why she feels working with him is simply too much of a pain. When I listen to the four band speeches from the Musicares event, by far the most annoying and windy one was Lindsey's. Stevie may have spoken for the longest amount of time, but she was entertaining and occasionally insightful. Meanwhile, Mick and Chris's speeches were sweet and on point for the event.

So, I guess I'm saying, I don't know why so much hatred is directed at Stevie in the form of humiliating references to animals, her weight, etc. I just don't get it. Yeah, she's annoying (as is Lindsey) and yeah her decision not to record new music with the band is appalling, but she can still turn in a powerful performance, even when her vocal range has shrunk to less than an octave.
When I went in 2014 I was amazed at how all of them at their age (John being sick). could still push out the amount of energy that they did. It was unreal. That was 4 years ago!

For some reason I don't get sick of GDW.. she did like a witchy twitchy dance that made her look crazy. It was good crazy tho... it sparked those memories of why I loved these 5 in the first place.

I'm not mad at her anymore for not wanting to do 5 member album. It breeds other opportunities. BuckVie.. Her solo tour .. people got to hear Crying in The Night. I had front row at the Greek in front of a crazy sold out crowd. etc.

I didn't mind her speech because she looked happy and was smiling and making people laugh. And Christine's speech.. uhhh hearing her voice and looking so elegant and stunning.. This footage was great for me. And I didn't have to spend $500 or $1500 (3 shows).

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-02-2018 at 01:24 PM..