View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I always see Christine as "I write songs."

I see Lindsey and Stevie as [/INTENSE STARING] "I write poems and melodies with structure and depth. The amount of time I spend doing this is more than most people spend on a 9-5 job because my brain is constantly thinking of words, melodies and guitar parts."

I think I mentioned in a post recently that Stevie's words may be pretty and poetic at times, but I connect with Lindsey's moreso because of his simplicity. They have ALL written crap, but overall, their music is amazing and I love it. Danny Kirwan is included in this too, as I love his stuff. He was pretty flowery at times too. I always say Steve and Lindsey are a great mix of Danny.

This is why debating who is the BEST writer, singer, etc. in the band is stupid. LOL We ALL love someone different for various reasons. Some of us love When I See You Again...some hate it. Meh. There's enough output for all of us to get some goodies.

All that said...I am PEEVED to high heaven right now with this situation.
Totally agree with this. In general I tend to get more drawn in by Stevie's poetic lyrics especially during her prime (1975-Bella Donna imo), but I think Lindsey's lyrics are underrated. Maybe because he himself has always said he's not much of a writer, but I think he's always been very good at having super simple lyrics that portray something in a very subtle, clever way. Like Tusk the song. How I see it is that it's all about an affair, but from the perspective of a third party warning the man's wife/girlfriend about it. It's just very smartly done if you ask me. And like Never Going Back Again, 'you don't know what it means to win', so simple and effective.