View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
For me, it's Little Lies. If that song never existed, the following wouldn't have happened.

I wouldn't be a Fleetwood Mac fan which means...
I wouldn't be a fan of Lindsey, Billy, Christine, Bekka, Bob Welch and Stevie (to some extent).
I wouldn't be a fan of John Stewart.

In terms of the number of artists I liked because of Little Lies, it's not a whole lot. What it means for me is the vast catalog of music that I own and have listened to over the past 15+ years. 60-65% of the CDs I own can be attributed to the artists I mentioned. Without those songs and artists, my life would be vastly different and who knows what my taste in music would be. So basically who I am today is directly linked to Little Lies.
Very cool
What is the connection from Little Lies and John Stewart? I remember buying the "Gold" 45 record because of Stevie.
If we are talking the Mac, there is no song that did it for me. I actually became a fan as Mirage was leaving the charts. So I had lots of back tracking to do and had half a decade for any Mac new music (although the solo careers kept me busy for awhile). It was not a song but the chemistry and vibe of the band that made me a fan. But if I had to pick it would be "The Chain" live that did it for me.