View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Where did you get that? Source? EVERYTHING I've seen, heard, read, all states that Christine was a part of the project, even if reluctantly, from the gitgo, and that Billy re-joined the band later. There's NEVER to my knowledge been anything to suggest otherwise.
From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth), July 4, 1994

Quote:
http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...2&id=6543&c=18

"To try to describe it is hard," said Mason, who joined the reconstituted Mac - now minus Stevie Nicks and, on the road, longtime keyboardist/songwriter/vocalist Christie McVie - last fall at Mick Fleetwood's request. "You can't give it a label. I've always objected to that, when people would say, `What's your new record sound like? ' Well, it sounds like new Dave Mason.

The band, which founders Fleetwood and bassist John McVie decided to re-form last fall, is working on a studio album that will probably not be out until next summer. Which puts the members of the current band (the McVies, Fleetwood, Mason and vocalist Bekka Bramlett, daughter of Bonnie Bramlett of Delaney and Bonnie fame) in the odd position of recording together without having played much live.

The band's summer tour dates are the only opportunity they will have before finishing the record. That tour stops in Dallas today as the band plays with Foreigner and the Doobie Brothers as part of Freedomfest '94. For the tour, Steve Toma takes Christine McVie's place, and Mac vet Billy Burnett adds second guitar.
Sounds like Christine was a part of the band, and there's even photographic proof that she was with them at that point.

THE Stephen Hopkins