View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Don't worry. Stevie has always been one to jump on the bandwagon of what is popular in the moment.
She ranked on the Tusk album forever until 2003 when the critics raved it was the best album FM had ever done, then all the sudden she was a huge fan of Tusk.
She raved about the Dixie Chicks until Natalie Maines' big fiasco. Then when the Dixie Chicks became cool again Stevie told the press how great they were, but during their time of turmoil she never defended her friend.

Ten years from now if the critics rave about Say You Will Stevie will say it contains their best work of the 21st Century. Just wait, you'll see.
Viv, that was exactly what I was going to say! For years she hated Tusk until it became cool to like and critically acclaimed and then suddenly it was like her great lost album and she started performing songs from it.
SYW is a fantastic album and I've no doubt that a few years down the line people will start saying it was the unappreciated comeback album and then Stevie will suddenly start saying she likes it again.