View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadmabelnormand View Post
I absolutely adore this version of Sorcerer, and wish Stevie sang lead vocals.
She just gave such a fat, juicy, sultry vocal on that one... definitely one of my fav vocals of her career.

Regarding Stevie being "uncredited" for Whenever I Call You Friend, maybe she wanted it that way? Perhaps she didn't want to overshadow Kenny since she was the 'established' artist, and simply wanted to aid his career. At that time she was making money hand over fist and was arguably the hottest woman in music. I highly doubt she'd care about receiving full "credit" for a duet from an unknown singer/songwriter. After all, look at who she was duetting with in the 70s: Kenny Loggins, Walter Egan, John Stewart... all of these guys were relative unknowns in comparison to Fleetwood Mac at that point. Kenny and Walter were upstarts releasing their first albums; John was established thanks to his time in the Kingston Trio, but somewhat obscure solo. Singing with the likes of Don Henley and Tom Petty didn't arrive until the next decade.